Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day One

Well, I've packed up the apartment, given the keys to my amazing Danish subletters, stashing my valuables at Scotty's apartment, and am waiting for the car service to roll up and whisk me away to the Brooklyn Greyhound station. (That's right, there's a station in Brooklyn near Flatbush and Livingston.) I'll be getting into Hazleton around 7:30 pm tonight. For the short term, I'll be crashing with Dave and his girlfriend, Heather at their apartment until they find a long-term host family. I've spoken to Scott on the phone and he seems cool. He claims he and his girlfriend have two pet rats that they keep in a cage. I wonder what their names are. I keep thinking of that Smashing Pumpkins line "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage . . ." What song was that anyway? Anyhoo, better get curbside. More to follow . .

No comments: