Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Layover in LEIGHton


So this is what Pennsylvania looks like. The Pennsylvania that isn't Philly, that is full of working class whites and disaffected Hillary supporters.

And this is what Densi in PA looks like

I am fired up and ready to go, I promise. I'm also really tired and ready to nap.

The rest of my bus rides was pretty uneventful. Except for the woman behind me a few rows back kept coughing and hacking. And I turn around and she's reaching her whole hand into the back of her mouth to pull out God know what. It was truly one of the most horrifying and disgusting thing I've ever seen.

Another thing Greyhound neglected to tell me was that I would have another layover in Leighton. When I texted Adam "Layover in LEIGHton", he suggested that it be the title of my memoir. (Because as you all know my middle name is Leigh.) So I'm waiting by the a small park, across from the V.F.W. Post 256 (shout out to my dad) and I notice the banners hanging from the poles "Leighton - A fountain of opportunity" (Which could also be the title to my memoir.) And then I spy the Fountain. Beautiful.


So a short half an hour later I reach Hazleton. Dave and Heather meet me at the station, take me to the apartment, and head back to the office. I run downstairs to the pizza/hoagie place on the bottom floor, get myself a nice eggplant parm and head back upstairs. Lights out. Big day tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that . . .

2 comments:

amarc said...

down here.... down here it's OUR time.

sarahsouth said...

we love you linz!
-one of the sarah's who doesn't hunt