Sunday, November 2, 2008

star struck part ii

jonathan demme came to hazleton with his wife to canvass yesterday.


i had been notified that he was interested in coming and given the phone number of someone he used to work with. i called her and she emailed me his number. so i left a message on his cell phone to call me about coming to hazleton AND HE DID! he called me on my cell phone and we had a nice, short discussion. he game me his email address and i sent him the standard welcome email. he then called the office yesterday morning (asking for me of course) to let us know that they were going to be a little late due to a major delay in the lincoln tunnel. when they arrived they looked fabulous; he had this amazing obama shirt on with a black blazer over it. they were SO NICE AND FRIENDLY AND AWESOME. and not only that they knocked on 150 doors between the two of them which was probably the highest number for any pair yesterday. they had a lovely time and told me that they'd love to come back on tuesday if they can manage it. as he left he shook my hand and gave me a kiss on the check. i know it's silly but i was like totally glowing.

i firmly believe that basically all i need is more exposure and the rest will take care of itself.

No comments: